Chalford Hill resident Richard Brown sent these photos and video of a van fire in Burcombe Road this morning.
The incident was attended by Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service who extinguished the blaze.
“It happened about 50 yards from our house. The van exploded then rolled out into the road,” said Mr Brown.
Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a van on fire in Burcombe Road, Chalford Hill, at 12.11pm.
“One fire engine from Stroud was sent to tackle it and firefighters used two hose reels and breathing apparatus to put it out. The van was 100 per cent damaged by the fire.”