Stroud District Council is working on more Government grant payments for hospitality businesses which have been adversely affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Applications are expected to open in early January and the Council has identified businesses which meet the eligibility criteria. They will be invited to apply for the grants via an online portal.
Business owners do not need to take action now – the council will contact them early in January.
“The Stroud district is blessed with wonderful creative and resilient hospitality businesses which have done so much to support communities and the local jobs market throughout the pandemic,” said Council Leader, Doina Cornell. “We know this may be a worrying time, as some customers may be cancelling bookings, but having paid out £45.8million in business grants during the pandemic, I’m sure our Revenue and Benefits team will be able to get funds to eligible businesses swiftly.”
For this scheme the following eligibility criteria must be met in order to receive an Additional Restriction Grant:
Defined as a business whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink.
The Council will use the following criteria to assess whether a business is eligible for a ARG payment:
- Businesses offering in person food and drink service to the general public.
- Businesses that provide food and/or drink services to be consumed on the premises, including outdoors.
The following businesses are considered eligible:
- Public houses and pub restaurants
- Wine bars
- Food courts
- Roadside restaurants
For the purpose of this scheme, the following businesses are considered as not eligible as hospitality:
- Food kiosks
- Businesses whose main service is a takeaway
- Hospitality businesses occupying hereditaments on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £15.000 or under on 07/12/2021 will receive a payment of up to £1,650.
- Hospitality businesses occupying hereditaments on the local rating list with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 07/12/2021 will receive a payment of up to £3,150.
- Hospitality businesses occupying hereditaments on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over on 07/12/2021 will receive a payment of up to £4,650.
Payments will be made once the application has been checked and assessed.
The Council has complete discretion to determine and change the amount of grant award to businesses and there will be no right of appeal against the amount.
The council is aiming to email businesses we believe are eligible from January 4 to begin the process.