Stroud MP Siobhan Baillie is looking for a senior caseworker to join her team.
The rare vacancy offers an attractive salary of £28,311 and the successful applicant will be based at her headquarters in Stroud.
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Siobhan Baillie MP (Stroud)
Location: Stroud Constituency Office
Salary: Starting from £28,311 (in line with IPSA guidelines with a salary review after 6 months)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Siobhan Baillie MP is looking for a Senior Caseworker to join her team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a role to help local people and increase experience across a large range of local and national issues. It is also an opportunity to lead on constituency projects.
Duties and respondibilities:
– Analyse, evaluate and interpret data and information to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and trends
– Assist with surgeries, meetings, and visits
– Provide the Member with written briefings on local issues
– Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public through telephone enquiries, emails and face-to-face
– Manage complex casework while ensuring all casework is completed to the highest of standards and properly documented
– Draft correspondence communications and letters
– Exercise a high level of leadership and autonomy on reaching casework decisions
– Manage constituency projects
– Lead on day-to-day office admin and coordination
– There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of office hours and travel for work, occasionally
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– IT skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
– A willingness and commitment to help people in need
– Strong attention to detail
– Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise with a quick and efficient working style
– Enthusiastic and reliable with a motivation to join a passionate and hard-working team
– Strong initiative
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 February 2023
Interviews to commence immediately. Flexibility with start date. The successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com