THE 40th Stroud Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, October 23 and these are the road closures that will be in place.
The race starts at 9am and finishes on the Cainscross Road, adjacent to Marling School field.
Free car parks are situated around Stroud. The maximum walk time is approximately 10-15 minutes. Sat Nav postcodes, Cheapside Carpark (by Station) – GL5 3BL, Cainscross Carpark – GL5 4JQ, London Road – GL5 2AP. There is NO parking available at Marling School (Race Start or Finish).
• A419 Cainscross Road, between the Cainscross Roundabout and the Wallbridge roundabout at Merrywalks, between 7.30am and 1pm.
• B4008 Standish Lane, between Standish Church and the junction with the A38, from 9.20am till 11am.
• The Nupend(Grove) Lane, running from the A38 at Whitminster to the entrance to the Shell Service Station on the island of the A419 near Chipmans Platt, from 9.30ams till 11.15am.
• Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, from the junction with the A419 to Midland Road, Stonehouse(over Railway Crossing), from 9.35ams till 12pm.
• Paganhill Lane, in both directions, between 9.50am and 12.30pm. With access granted for emergency vehicles and service buses and residents.
• Dudbridge Roundabout to Cainscross Roundabout, in both directions from 8.45am till 12.30pm. The full race route, and other important information, can be seen at www.stroudhalf.com
The athletes and the race organisers would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for considering the athletes as they challenge themselves in Stroud and the surrounding streets, and in many cases raising a huge amount of money for some very worthy causes.