Probiotics are live microorganisms, typically bacteria, that are beneficial to the body’s digestive and are vital for a resilient immune system.
But how do you know if you need a probiotic?
Here are some signs that you may need to add a probiotic to your diet.
1. You’re having digestive issues. Gas, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea, a probiotic may help improve your digestion.
2. You’re feeling tired all the time. If you’re feeling more tired than usual, probiotics may be able to help.
3. You’re often sick. If you’re constantly getting sick and can’t seem to shake off the colds and flus, a probiotic may be able to help.
4. You’re taking antibiotics or have had recent surgery. Antibiotics kill off both bad and good bacteria in the gut, so taking a probiotic can help replenish the good bacteria that’s been lost. During surgery you will be giving IV antibiotics. This can prevent infections but will also impact your gut health.
5. You’re under a lot of stress. Stress can have a major impact on your gut health, and probiotics may be able to help. Research shows that probiotics can help reduce stress-related gut symptoms such as abdominal pain and diarrhea.
If you’re experiencing any of the above signs, let’s talk about adding a probiotic to your diet. Probiotics can be found in some foods such as yogurt and kimchi, or you can take a probiotic supplement. Let me guide you to the best one for you.
Free FB community dedicated to gut and hormone health https://www.facebook.com/groups/timetonourish